Posted On: Jul-06-2021
This Job is Closed
$16.00 - $18.40 per hour
Pharmacy Technicians provide assistance to licensed pharmacists in the preparation and dispensing of medications according to State/Federal law. Pharmacy Technicians also work to maintain a cost efficient inventory and safe dispensing practices.
- The job responsibilities contained in this section must be supervised by a Licensed Pharmacist:
- Accept new written prescriptions or refill orders.
- Take refill request information from patient over the telephone, and process orders.
- Contact providers for refill authorization.
- Take oral, fax, and written authorization from provides for prescription refills.
- Enter new/ refill prescription order into the pharmacy software system.
- Pick manufactured drug from shelf and fill/label prescription orders.
- Count or pour the manufactured product into a suitable dispensing package and apply label to dispensing package with technician’s initials placed on the label.
- Present the completed prescription, original Rx order, and original stock bottle to the pharmacist for final verification/certification.
- Assist licensed pharmacists in preparation/dispensing of prescriptions.
- Assist licensed pharmacist in order to work effectively with the medical providers, and patients.
- Work with the Lead Technician to prioritize daily technician duties/tasks.
- Take inventory of drug stock, and prepare orders for vendors.
- Manage inventory electronically using pharmacy using pharmacy software and robotics systems.
- Check stock for outdated materials monthly.
- Inspect orders received from vendors, certify for correctness, and restock inventory.
- File prescription orders to maintain legal recordkeeping processes.
- Work with pharmacy software/hardware systems to ensure reliable prescription dispensing.
- Complete and file daily reports (i.e. workload reports, controlled substance reports).
- Assist pharmacy billing staff as needed in the processing and back-billing of pharmacy claims.
- Communicate with patients as instructed by licensed pharmacist.
- Participate in Continuous Quality Improvement activities as requested.
- Assist with Human Services Division Health Fair activities.
- Appropriate work attire is required.
- Must attend all mandatory department trainings.
- Ensures confidentiality of financial records and all records for employees, band members and/or clients.
- Displays a responsive and professional manner in promptly responding to all requests, complaints, and problems.
- Recognizes that each employee is a representative of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect, and sensitivity to the needs of all others, including visitors and co-workers.
- Represents the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and the department in a positive and professional manner in the community.
- Required to maintain proper attendance including reporting to work on time in accordance with applicable policies.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Due to changes and modifications in the job from time to time, employees are required to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as deemed necessary.
- Ability to lift and carry approximately 40 pounds is required.
- Walking, standing, bending, stooping, climbing, pushing, pulling are required.
- State Pharmacy Technician Registration is required with previous employment in a pharmacy, or evidence of completion of one of the following:
- A pharmacy technician training program offered by a board approved, accredited vocational/technical institution or college;
- A pharmacy technician training program accredited by a board approved, national organization that accredits pharmacy technician training programs;
- A pharmacy technician training program provided by a branch of the United States armed forces or Public Health Services;
- An employer-based pharmacy technician training program that includes a minimum total of 240 hours on a one year period to include both theoretical and practical instruction.
- National Pharmacy Technician Certification (i.e. PTCB, ExCPT) is required; if not certified at the time of hire, employee must become certified within 6 months of hire and must maintain certification for the duration of employment.
- High school diploma or G.E.D. is required.
- Experience in a medical setting is preferred.
- Knowledge of, and past working experience with the following computer applications is required: Pharmacy Management Software (i.e. ScriptPro, QS/I, McKesson, PDX, Rx30, Viking), Word processing, Excel and Microsoft Outlook.
- Ability to follow complicated direction with high precision and care is required.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing is required.
- Ability to work independently and establish priorities is required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Ability to establish professional and harmonious working relationships on all projects and with all parties involved.
- Subject to drug and alcohol testing in accordance with the Fond du Lac Reservation’s Personnel Policies.
- Subject to pre-employment and annual background checks.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
PLEASE INCLUDE WITH APPLICATION YOUR CREDENTIALS AND RESUME
APPLY TO: Fond du Lac Human Resources
1720 Big Lake Road
Cloquet, MN 55720