- Maintains the highest standards of safety and cleanliness in the kitchen.
- Assists with checking food shipments and sign invoices only after each order has been verified.
- Assist cook as needed with food preparation.
- Assist with the daily cleaning of all kitchen equipment and the washing and sterilizing of all dishes, silverware and utensils.
- Reports to the Cook any faulty equipment or inferior food received.
- Fills in for cook when and wherever necessary in order to maintain a smooth running operation.
- Displays a responsive and professional manner in solving all requests, complaints, and problems.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Represents the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and the department in a positive and professional manner in the community.
- Recognizes that employees have certain personal responsibilities which affect the operational efficiency of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa.
- Required to maintain proper attendance and reports to work on time in accordance with Reservation Business Committee policy.
- Recognizes that each employee is a representative of the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa and is responsible for demonstrating courtesy, respect, and sensitivity to the needs of every person including visitors and co-workers.
- Due to changes and modifications in the job from time to time, employees are required to be flexible and assume other responsibilities assigned by management as management sees the necessity. Some assignments may not be listed on this description.
- Standing, walking, bending and stooping, lifting and carrying up to 50 pounds is required.
- Subject to inside and outside environmental conditions.
- Ability to pass a bi-annual physical examination. All vaccinations must be kept current.
- Valid driver’s license is required.
- Experience working with large community groups is required.
- Experience cooking for large groups of individuals is required.
- Custodial experience is required.
- Ability to obtain food handlers certification within 6 months after hire is required.
- Organizational skills are required.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing is required.
- Ability to work independently and establish work priorities is required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Ability to establish professional and harmonious working relationships on all projects and with all parties involved.
- Ability to provide prompt resolution of problems and conflicts as they may occur is required.
- Subject to pre-employment annual background checks, and annual reference checks.
- Subject to testing and in accordance with the Fond du Lac Employee Drug and Alcohol Policy.
- Some travel may be required.
This position is eligible for our comprehensive benefit plan, which includes medical, dental, retirement, optional life insurance, optional disability coverage and more. For detailed information please click here.
NATIVE AMERICAN PREFERENCE
PLEASE INCLUDE WITH APPLICATION YOUR CREDENTIALS AND RESUME
APPLY TO: Fond du Lac Human Resources
1720 Big Lake Road
Cloquet, MN 55720