The Billing Account Coordinator will be responsible for monthly accounts payable process for all child care subsidy programs that include gathering data, calculating charges and fees, and create and processing invoices for billing purposes. Will also serve as a resource to families and/or responsible parties regarding customer accounts in the Bering Strait region.
BRIEF SUMMARY OF JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in ensuring compliance that all applicable federal rules and regulations, state child care licensing, and Kawerak policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Prepare and submit the State of Alaska Child Care Grant Program Application monthly, follow-up on reimbursement, and ensure compliance.
- Review and verify enrollment and billing data in Child Plus, prompting for correction if any errors.
- Process monthly Child Care subsidy reimbursements for Kawerak’s Child Care Facilities.
- Process Child Care Customer statements, ensure payments are received, and reconcile accounts as necessary.
- Process monthly Child Care Provider invoices, timesheets, and process payments.
- Communicate with customers to obtain, verify, update account information, to resolve billing issues, set up payment plans and settle accounts in arrears in a timely manner.
- Communicate monthly with Head Start/Child Care staff to verify eligibility for child care subsidy payments and co-pays.
- Other duties as assigned by the Controller.
1. Associates Degree in Accounting or related field preferred plus two (2) years of accounting or billing experience. Must be willing to attain a degree or certificate.
2. Knowledgeable of billing practices and standards.
3. Knowledge of basic accounting principles and math skills.
4. Must maintain strict confidentiality regarding customer information, work well with people and use good judgment in making decisions.
5. Excellent customer service and communication skills and to solve problems as they arise.
6. Must be self-motivated, proficient, organized, dependable and able to work with minimum supervision.
7. Proficient in computer, keyboarding and general office skills required.
8. Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or similar software.