LCOFS Human Resources Manager
Lac Courte Oreilles
Job Description Summary
The Human Resources Manager works closely with LCOFS leadership to assist with the development and implementation of HR objectives that result in the improvement of operational performance to include organizational development, skills training and development, performance management.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Serve as a human resource best practice provider to the leadership team regarding onboarding, interpretation of company policy, developing positive employee relations, performance management, HR information management, guidance on applicable personnel actions.
- Act as co-author, communicator of company policies/procedures development and revision.
- Recommend appropriate actions for conflict resolution to prevent and solve employee issues.
- In cooperation with business leaders, assist with the administration of employee disciplinary processes; assist with the resolution of employee concerns and disputes.
- Recruit talent, maintain attendance records, track and report on retention.
- Develop and facilitate orientation training for all new hires.
Benefits and Compensation
- Coordinate wage and salary administration; make recommendations for payroll adjustments.
- Ensure job descriptions are updated and aligned to the job role as it evolves.
- Provide information on benefits including PTO, holiday, bereavement, FMLA and ADA.
Policies and Procedures
- Ensure proper application of policies and procedures across the company. Customize policies to consistent with applicable tribal requirements.
- Ensure all policies are communicated and staff fully oriented to existing and new policies, and managers/supervisors are trained on how to administer policies fairly and equitably.
- Partner with leadership to ensure the maintenance of relevant and accurate job descriptions.
- Provides guidance to staff and managers on performance management. Establish and oversee the timely completion of performance management systems.
- Offer employee counseling and HR consulting to employees and managers.
Safety & Security
- Coordination of safety and security policies and procedures which ensure LCOFS is compliant with all applicable federal, state, health and governmental regulations.
- As requested, conduct or assist with other safety-related programs and processes.
- Active listening – Gives full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate and not interrupting.
- Interpersonal - Focuses on resolving conflict; Maintains confidentiality.
Preferred Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree, Human Resources, Business or related field preferred or an equivalent amount of education and experience.
- 4+ years of experience working in HR.
- Have or willing to get a HR Certification.
- Technical Skills
- Proficient use of MS: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Proficient user of the Internet and cloud-based storage.
Working Conditions / Physical Demands
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear.
- Must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Travel is occasionally required.
Application Process Submit to LCO Financial Services at the address listed above:
- Resume and cover letter.
- LCO Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer; however, Indian Preference will apply to qualified applicants.