Full-time - Senior
Forest County Potawatomi
Posted On: Mar-11-2020 NOT APUBLISHED YET
Status: This Job is Closed
Provide legal counsel and services to Forest County Potawatomi Community to ensure maximum protection of its legal rights and to maintain its operations with the limits prescribed by law.
* Compensation will be based upon experience.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contract management and administration.
- Reviews, researches, interprets, and prepares both written and oral opinions on a wide variety of legal issues with respect to federal, tribal and state laws. May include some international law.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by conducting research, attending seminars, educational workshops, classes and conferences.
- Other duties as assigned.
Requirements (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities):
- Juris Doctorate from an American Bar Association accredited law school; Licensed to practice law in the State of Wisconsin. Willingness to take the Tribe’s bar exam to become a member thereof.
- At least eight years of legal experience in negotiating and drafting different types of complicated contracts, joint ventures and other business cooperative agreements, financial and cash services, software, marketing, entertainment, advertising, gaming, commercial including regulatory compliance and resolving contract disputes.
- Good interpersonal skills are a must. Candidate will be required to engage in client interactions and provide quick opinions and support.
- Ability to manage a high number of matters and priorities simultaneously.
- Ability to work extended hours and various work schedules.
- Experience in Indian law and working with Indian tribes a plus.
Hear / See
Operate Heavy Equipment