Behavioral Health Clinical Manager
Full-time - Supervisor
Forest County Potawatomi
Posted On: Mar-11-2020 NOT APUBLISHED YET
Status: This Job is Closed
The Behavioral Health Clinical Manager is a licensed mental health and substance abuse professional that works
with outpatient service therapists and counselors to advance their clinical practice, improve outcomes and
coordinate clinical services to effect system-wide changes and improve programs of care. Provides culturally
appropriate and unique individual group, and family counseling for clients with mental health and AODA issues as
well as other comprehensive services. Supervises Clinical Staff and Recovery Coaches.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coaches and guides model mental health and substance abuse clinical practice in support of mental health and substance abuse counselors/therapists.
- Sets clinical performance expectations in detail, provides feedback, and maintains individual accountability of employees.
- Manages a small case load of clients, making referrals, when appropriate, to community resources and provides access to services such as financial assistance, work programs or education.
- Evaluates and identifies environmental impediments to client progress.
- Focuses within the context of cultural and spiritual values and needs of the individual or family system.
- Collaborates with other professionals and community resources to manage client intakes, assessments, and treatment planning.
- Coordinates and documents culturally competent employee trainings, continuing education and staff meetings.
- Reviews department clinical policies and procedures to achieve clinical excellence.
- Implements and enforces all regulatory standards, requirements and guidelines, including federal, state and local regulations, and licensing boards and accreditation authorities.
- Recommends case conferences with medical and counseling staff responding appropriately to persons in crisis.
- Develops community-based relationships and evidenced-based programming and policy with a focus on recovery and prevention meeting cultural and spiritual needs.
Requirements (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities):
- Must be a current State of Wisconsin Licensed Clinical Social Worker, Professional Counselor, Marriage & Family Therapist or Licensed Psychologist license OR possess a minimum of five (5) years of experience working as a LPC, LMFT, LCSW
- Possess experience in behavioral health and AODA inpatient/outpatient settings and the ability to demonstrate organizational, leadership, management, clinical, department, program, common position and job specific competencies
- Experience with a diverse population with general behavioral health issues, serious emotional disorders, and AODA issues. Other significant and applicable experience will be considered.
- Competent in the ten core counseling functions: Screening, Intake, Orientation, Assessment, Treatment Planning, Case Management, Crisis Intervention, Client Education, Referral, and Consultation.
- Must demonstrate the ability to effectively function as a team member and manage multiple tasks concurrently and possess exceptional communication and organizational skills
- Must be able to customarily and regularly exercise discretion and independent judgment in significant matters, relating with empathy and sensitivity to staff, clients and community
- Ability to appropriately interact on the telephone and answer agency questions
- Knowledge of Forest County Potawatomi culture or willingness to gain said knowledge
- Must have the use of a personal insured vehicle and possess a valid Wisconsin driver's license
- Must possess demonstrated computer skills and knowledge in MS Office software applications
- Must possess proof of applicable health department testing and vaccinations or testing/vaccination will be provided by FCP Employee Health
Operate Heavy Equipment