Clinical Applications Coordinator
Confederated Tribes of the Umatilla Indian Reservation
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in allied health profession.
- At least two (2) years’ experience as an RPMS clinical software end-user.
- Completion of Basic and Advanced CAC training for RPMS-EHR.
- Completion of EHR Health Information Management (HIM) training.
- Two (2) years prior experience in clinical software informatics with excellent references.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and maintain insurance requirements to operate General Services Administration vehicles.
- Must submit to and pass a reference and criminal background check.
- Must submit to and pass a pre-employment drug and alcohol screening.
DESCRIPTION Job Summary
The purpose of this position is to manage and develop clinical software applications and facilitate training of clinical staff for the entire range of application packages relating to the Resource and Patient Management System (RPMS) and Electronic Health Record (EHR).
Essential Job Functions:
- EHR implementation, and training of clinical software throughout the facility.
- Coordinate with Site Manager/IS Department allocating keys, and new user setup
- EHR setup and configuration related to the graphical user interface (GUI), files, parameters, menu and clinical references for user.
- EHR progress note template design, testing, management, and training to include embedded elements such as: patient data objects, flowsheets, health summaries, physician orders, etc. as required or requested by provider/program.
- Manage text integration utility (TIU) business rules for appropriate progress note security.
- Work closely with clinical/program staff for custom EHR quick order development, testing, maintenance and training.
- Timely EHR software troubleshooting on-demand.
- Tracking and reporting all EHR issues in local file and referring those requiring a higher level of technical support to the appropriate IT staff and/or outside agency support desk.
- Monitoring the release of RPMS-EHR software patches and performing pre- and postinstallation tasks.
- Training staff on changes associated with patch installations.
- Clinical reminders setup, update, maintenance, troubleshooting, programming code and training using current clinical guidelines. (ex: cancer screenings, immunizations, diabetes care, elder health)
- Assemble and monitor input and feedback from staff and programs who utilize EHR to identify areas of improvement.
- Coordinate with IS Department to collaborate new technology related to EHR, patient/provider processes, and program areas.
- Monitors and assesses the quality assurance/control program as it impacts EHR.
- Responds to requests for studies, surveys, questionnaires, etc. from staff, Area Office, or external health care organizations and is responsible for the collection of data from appropriate sources: reviews and validates data collected and prepares formal reports.
- Training and technical support for various data mining, trending and report development.
- Responsible for tracking compliance and completing applications through Electronic Clinical Quality Measure (eCQM) for Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) Meaningful Use also known as Promoting Interoperability Programs EHR Incentive payments.
- Chairs the EHR Committee and is responsible for agenda and action items.
- Serves as member of Quality Improvement Focus Group (QIFG) and other ad hoc committees.
Work is primarily sedentary with some physical exertion required. The work is typically performed in an office setting with only nominal physical demands necessary to accomplish the work. This position may require occasional overtime and is subject to call back. The work may require travel.
NOTICE TO APPLICANTS Application Deadline
Complete Yellowhawk employment application packets will be accepted until 4:00 p.m., on the posted closing date as found on Page 1 of this announcement, or postmarked on that date. Only those employment application packets which are complete, with all additional required information, as found in the “required employment application packet material” below will be considered. Employment application packets received after the deadline will not be considered.
Required Employment Application Material
Applicants will be required to submit a complete job application packet for each position they desire to apply for. A complete job application packet will include: 1. Completed employment application. 2. Cover letter – explaining your qualifications and experience relevant to the functions of this position. 3. Resume – identifying your qualifications and experiences relevant to the functions of this position. 4. High School Diploma/GED or copy of official college transcripts (if applicable). 5. Preference – appropriate documentation for either Tribal or Indian preference and/or Veteran’s preference.
Submit Complete Job Application Packets to:
via Mail: Yellowhawk Tribal Health Center attn: Human Resources/HR Recruiter 46314 Timine Way Pendleton, OR 97801 OR via E-mail: email@example.com