Director of Facilities Maintenance
Kaibab Band of Paiute Indians
JOB SUMMARY: General maintenance and repair work on tribal buildings and fleet vehicles. This position is also responsible for plumbing, electrical, carpentry and HVAC systems.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Maintain and repair machines, mechanical equipment and buildings
• Troubleshoot and fix faulty electrical components
• Inspect facilities in order to diagnose problems and discern the best solutions
• Do routine preventative maintenance to ensure that machines operate smoothly
• Assemble and set up machinery and equipment
• Plan repair work using diagrams and blueprints
• Do general cleaning and upkeep of buildings and properties
• Keep a record of inventory and order supplies
• Make proposals to staff and administrators for repairs, renovations and upgrades with cost and time estimates
• Keep detailed records of work performed and schedules for regular maintenance
• Maintain tribal vehicle fleet, schedule for routine maintenance or repairs
• All other duties as assigned.
• Must be self-motivated and able to work independently with little or no supervision
• Able to design and maintain a variety of records and schedules
• Must possess knowledge and have practical experience with plumbing, electric, carpentry and HVAC systems
• Must have knowledge and practical experience with the use of various tools and equipment used in upkeep and repairs of a commercial facility
• Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds and operate basic outdoor equipment such as tractors, side by side ATV, lawn mowers, weed eaters, pressure washers, etc.
• Must have a high school diploma or GED
• Must have a valid driver’s license and be insurable
• Must pass a fingerprint background check
• Must pass all pre-employment, post-accident and random drug tests
CONFIDENTIALITY: The employee will be required to sign a confidentiality agreement. Violation of this agreement can result in immediate dismissal.
DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE POLICY: The Kaibab Band of Paiute Indians has a zero-tolerance drug use policy. This position requires pre-employment and continued random drug testing.
Employment applications are available online at www.kaibabpaiute-nsn.gov or at the Tribal Affairs Building located on 2 North Pipe Springs Road Fredonia, AZ 86022. Interested applicants must return completed applications for consideration. For more information, contact the Human Resource Director at (928) 643-8307.
THE KAIBAB PAIUTE TRIBE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND ADHERES TO THE INDIAN PREFERENCE ACT