The Hualapai Tribe
SUMMARY OF JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the direction of the director of Education and Training; coordinates activities with the Workforce Investment Act Adult and Youth Programs, Tribal Summer Youth Program. Actively seeks at risk youth and families for programs to provide them with the necessary skills to attain and maintains employment, and to become self-sufficient. Coordinates all job-training programs to work with tribal and non-tribal programs to assure that the above goals be accomplished
- Coordinates intake assessment for WIA participants.
- Actively recruits participants to be for the WIOA and summer youth program
- Oversee all job-training programs for AZ WIOA Programs, U.S. Department of Labor and Bureau of Indian Affairs. This will include Summer Youth Program, Out of School Youth Program and Adult Job training program.
- Provides job training skills and services to clients as well as the community so that they have the skills necessary to attain and maintain employment
- Coordinates with all tribal and non-tribal programs to assure clients have been provided proper worksite and job training.
- Monitors clients at jobsites to assure that client is receiving proper job training.
- Works with the Hualapai Adult Education and Dropout Prevention to assure that all clients have educational opportunities
- Must submit reports to all funding agencies such as AZ Workforce WIOA, Department of Labor and Bureau of Indian Affairs.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- AA degree is required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Excellent written and verbal skills and knowledge of basic program for reporting and producing data for program.
- Must have knowledge of all educational and instructional programs (such as smart schools and AZ job search)
- Must have a valid Driver License and be eligible for the tribe’s
- Must submit to and pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screening.
- Must pass local, state and national background check.
HOW TO APPLY:
Submit a completed Employment Application to: Human Resources Department, P.O. Box 179, Peach Springs, AZ 86434, fax (928) 769- 1191, or call (928) 729-2215/2216 for information. To be considered for employment, the Human Resources Department must receive a completed application by 5:00 PM on the closing date. A resume will not be accepted in lieu of a completed employment application. All applications and supporting documentation submitted becomes the property of the Human Resources Department; please keep copies for your own reference.
All applicants are considered without regard to age, sex, race, national origin, religion, marital status, or physical disability. However, preference may be extended to persons of Indian descent in accordance with Pubic Law 88-355, Section 703 (702-71) and public Law 93-638, Section 7B.
THE HUALAPAI TRIBE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER/PROGRAM
Auxiliary aids and services available upon request to individuals with disabilities