Homemaker Case Aide- Level 1
The Poarch Creek Indians
Overall Objectives of Position The Homemaker Case Aide- Level 1 provides in-home supportive services to the elderly and disabled members of the Poarch Band of Creek Indians. The Homemaker Case Aide- Level 1 must ensure the highest level of customer service and exhibit professional behavior that befits the Family Services Department. This job description is not an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of this positon.
The Homemaker Case Aide- Level 1 is expected to perform all duties and responsibilities necessary to meet the goals and objectives of applicable programs.
The Homemaker Case Aide- Level 1 is expected to live the Purpose and Values of the Poarch Band of Creek Indians and will go beyond the call of duty.
Primary Responsibilities of the Homemaker Case Aide- Level 1
- Provides in-home supportive services as identified in the Homemaker Case Aide Contract including, but not limited to, general house cleaning, assistance with light errands, and education as needed about home care and basic life skills.
- Provides routine cleaning of the Creek Safe Haven Shelter, the PCI Domestic Violence Transitional Trailer, and the Homeless Unit.
- Maintains a strong collaborative partnership with other Departmental Coordinators and other Tribal Departments.
- Makes home visits to the elderly and disabled persons upon referral from the Adult Services Coordinator and per the Homemaker Case Aide Contract.
- Completes daily and monthly reports documenting all services performed and total number of clients served and provides these records to the Homemaker Case Aide, Level 2.
- Provides transportation per the Adult Services Case Plan.
- Assists as assigned with Departmental events, special projects, and administrative programs.
- Serves as back-up, or to assist with clients in all Adult Services Programs such as In-Home care and Assisted Living Facilities
- Serves as back-up transportation as needed per the Child and Family Services Case Plan.
- Advocates for program services designed to meet the needs of the community.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the appropriate person.
Education/License/Certification and Experience Requirements High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Personal knowledge and prior contact with the client population to be served preferred.
- Experience in housecleaning or working with the elderly preferred.
- Absolute confidentiality and adherence to HIPAA regulations and the Privacy Act.
- Ability to work in a high-performance, fast-paced, high-pressure environment.
- Adept at multi-tasking, have unquestionable integrity, with an uncompromising commitment to quality.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and in writing.
- Outstanding project management and organizational skills.
- Must be people oriented and relate well to people from diverse backgrounds.
- Must have a working knowledge of computers with the ability to work in a Windows environment with various software programs such as Word, Excel, etc.
- Ability to work odd and irregular hours, as needed.
- Must successfully pass the required criminal and character background check.
- Must possess a valid state driver’s license and an insurable driving record according to Tribal insurance guidelines.
- Ability to travel and participate in required training, leadership development and other events.
- Ability to adequately and successfully perform all duties and responsibilities of this position.
Every applicant must complete an application provided by Human Resources. Human Resources is located in Building 500.
A resume will not be accepted in the place of an application. Complaints about the recruitment or selection process for employment should be directed in writing to the Human Resources Director of PCI Tribal Government.
**Please note ALL individuals selected for employment are required to complete a background investigation. Individuals being placed in positions designed as child-sensitive or data-sensitive must successfully complete a background check prior to employment.